Sail Dorval 2018
The Royal St. Lawrence Yacht Club is offering its Sail Dorval course in Shark Class boats. The course follows a basic Learn-to-Sail curriculum using a hands on learning approach (Learn by doing). Club-member Peter Bjorn and Liam Dixon is overseeing the program and coaches are being drawn from our Junior Sailing Program staff. Two sessions are planned for this summer.
Classes are two evenings a week with the first session starting June 4 to July 4, 2018. We meet at 18:30. The cost for the course for non-member is $479.00 plus taxes ($550.73 taxes included) and for member $399 plus taxes ($458.75 taxes included).
Instructions and clothing to bring to class:
- Pen and a notebook to each class
- Lifejacket, Ministry of Transportation approved
- Towel and a change of clothes to every lesson (sailing can be wet!)
- Sneakers - always a pair with rubber soles (sandals do not protect the top of your feet and can scuff the deck on a boat)
- Dress according to the weather. Rain jacket or foul weather gear, if it is raining.
- If you are unable to attend a lesson, please advise the office at 514 631-2720.
June 4 to July 4 (10 evenings)
Session 1 – Mondays and Wednesday 18:30 to 21:00
July 9 to August 8 (10 evenings)
Session 2 – Mondays and Wednesday 18:30 to 21:00
A minimum of three people is required to run this program, to a maximum of 18 participants.
Application forms are now available in the club office and further information can be had by contacting the office at (514) 631-2720.