The Royal St.Lawrence Yacht Club operates a lovely lakeside outdoor heated pool during the summer months. It is 23 meters long and five lanes wide, and includes a snack bar (Café Marler), changing rooms, wading pool and playground for children. The pool is staffed by five lifeguards who supervise the area, operate the snack bar, and oversee pool area activities. The pool is a great place to be in the summer to swim, meet friends, relax, or have a bite to eat.
We offer a great program filled with activities for Club members to enjoy throughout the summer... Aquafit classes are offered twice during the week, and once on the weekend at Saturday morning Aquafit "Boot Camp". The Aquafit sessions are accompanied by "highly motivated music!" The pool staff have an iPod and have an invigorating play list.
Private swimming lessons can be arranged.
The pool opens the 17th of June and is opened every day thereafter up until Labour Day Monday.
Click to view CALENDAR OF POOL EVENTS.
POOL OPENS 2019:
- June 17th-21st at 3pm
- Saturdays & Sundays at 10am
- Monday through Friday at 12pm
- August 26th-September 2nd 3pm
POOL CLOSES 2019:
- June 17-30 at 7pm
- July 1-August 14 at 8pm
- August 15 – September 3 at 7pm
Activities at the pool
- One hour of Aquafit every Monday & Wednesday at 1:30pm at no charge
- One hour of Aquafit on Saturday at 10am at no charge
- No fees for guests accompanied by a senior or intermediate club member
- Complimentary private swim lessons and stroke improvement
- Pool Party events for squadron members
- A continued Wet Feet swimming lesson program
Upon appointment, private or semi private swim lessons (please be in touch with pool managers).
Menu offerings in the Café includes some “healthy” choices along with the longtime favourites:hamburgers, milkshakes and onion rings. Also available is wine by the glass and cold beers.
Suggestions and comments welcome: please email Mary Puddington McLoughlin, our pool chairperson.