June 1, 2020
While we had received some encouraging news on May 20th that summer day camps may reopen on June 22nd, we have regrettably determined that we are unable to adequately abide the needed health and safety guidelines of all concerned while providing an enjoyable learning experience for your children.
It is with regret therefore that we are announcing the cancellation of all our Junior Sailing programs specifically our Wet Feet, Learn to Sail, Advanced Single Handed, Learn to Sail Double Handed and Advanced Double Handed sessions for the 2020 sailing season.
For all processed registrations, a full refund will be automatically issued.
Having completely renovated our fleet of Optimists and 420’s over the winter and early spring in anticipation of this upcoming sailing season, we remain well prepared for next year and look forward to welcoming your children in one of our programs at that time.
Please review the document Junior Sailing - Program Details prior to registering.
- Download the information for all programs
- Which sailing course is best suited for my child?
- Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-UP
Register online to the link above! Space is limited. Reserve a place for your child or teenager as soon as possible. For additional information call the Club Office.
The Sail Canada certification is included in the course fee, as students graduate from each level. Students must provide their own M. O. T. Certified PFD (personal floatation device) or life jacket, lace-up rubber soled shoes and should bring enough dry clothes to change into at the end of the day as well as a set of foul weather gear and sunscreen. Sailors should always dress in accordance to daily weather changes.
Sailing runs from 9:00 to 16:00 daily. All students and parents will be asked to sign a behavioral code of conduct. There will be Prize Giving ceremonies for all sailors and parents on July 17th and August 14th. On both of the aforementioned dates, sailing will end at 1PM.
All participants are encouraged to become Junior Members of the RStLYC and to fully participate in the many facilities, including the pool and snack bar.
- All applications must be accompanied by payment in full, including RStLYC members.
- There can be exceptions made, in the case of illness or injury, at the discretion of the Junior Sailing Director. Without any exceptions, there are NO REFUNDS ONCE THE SESSION IS UNDERWAY. The program hires its staff - its major cost - for the full 8 weeks and if a participant elects to be absent for ANY part of the session, there will be no consideration given for the period of absence.
- A position on the waiting list is subject to a 'first come first served' basis.
- Each group is subject to minimum enrollment.
For further information on these programs contact:
1350 Lakeshore Drive
Dorval, Quebec H9S 2E3
Tel: (514) 631 2720
Fax: (514) 631 2725
or Contact by email at email@example.com